According to recent studies, most Americans don’t know how important it is to shut off the water main when going on vacation. This is something that can save you from a really big hassle and cost due to water damage.
In order to find out how much you know about this topic, you should answer the following questions:
- Do you turn off the water main before leaving on vacation? If your answer is yes, you are one of only 22% who does, even though the remaining 88% know where the water main is and how to turn it off.
- Have you installed a water leak detection device in your home? If yes, you are doing the right thing, as you are on your way to having a dry, comfortable home.
- Have you experienced a water leak claim in the last 2 years? 91% of homeowners rate themselves as or “doing an okay job” of preventive home maintenance. However, close to half have experienced a water leak in the last two years.
- Have you ever had your appliances inspected? The best way to prevent a water leak is to keep your appliances in great condition by inspecting them periodically.
- In what month does the most water damage occur? If you mentioned August, you were among only 8% of people who got the answer correct. Most people go away on late-summer vacations and forget to turn off the water main.
- Do you know which appliance is most likely to leak? Plumbing supply systems post the greatest risk of water leaks. Close to half thought the water heater was the most likely candidate for a water leak.
JCN Plumbing is a pioneer in the water leak detection system in Miami, Florida. We have more than 20 years of experience in the plumbing field, along with the required License and Insurance, to make sure that our customers are protected.
If you suspect that there is a water leak on your property, call us.